That one last post

So the internship has officially came to an end. The last two months have practically flown by, I have gotten to know so many amazing people and so many lovely things have happened to me here. I will be flying back to Finland tomorrow, and I wanted to make the last post about what has happened in the last few weeks.

My normal weekdays have been quite uneventful recently, but the weekends have been busier. I had a free weekend before I had more friends visiting me, so I spent the weekend with a friend in Eastbourne. I took a train from Victoria, and gladly I did not have to change a train since it went straight to where I was heading. My friend has been living in England since she was 9 years old, so she knew the area and was able to tell some nice bits of history here and there. I was also overjoyed when she asked me to do some modeling for her. It was amazing to walk the streets, just enjoying the sunny but windy weather and finding good locations for photographing. Eastbourne was really beautiful and so different from London. We had such a wonderful time!

Picture by ig: wilma_mariaa

The week after one hotel that does business with my workplace offered us a tour and dinner at their hotel. I was really excited since I have never really been to a bigger posh hotel. I was not disappointed when we arrived. Being in zone 1 and in the heart of West End, the grand hotel was everything I had expected a theatrical but modern luxurious hotel to be like. We had a tour of the grounds and were shown a room that looked more like a small calm getaway than a standard hotel room. I really enjoyed the vibrant colours with the clean lines. In a secret bar space we had some champagne before proceeding to have some dinner. The food was extremely good and I loved how we got to taste so many different flavours and experience several layers of textures. All in all the night was amazing and a wonderful memory to take home with me.

Great food at the hotel!

A few weeks ago I also had a couple more friends over. We had a great time since I actually had one extra day off due to bank holiday. We did some sight seeing and shopping, walking around where our feet took us since they have been to London before. Thank you, darlings, for the great weekend~

St Jame's park at night

After my friends left I had one more friend over. We visited some museums with a new intern from work. I quite enjoyed the brief peace I had in the museum, as we took our time to see nearly everything. Both the British Museum and the Natural History Museum were pretty amazing! The variety of time periods and information about different eras were nice to see. Also the art was really fascinating.

One part of the museum, it was enormous

"Hold me brotha"

This one was from the National History museum. Always go for the dinosaurs~

Me and the new intern from work went to see a few movies together. First one was before the museums, the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I thought it was good, even though you could clearly see how distracted Johnny Depp was. I will always prefer the very first one though~ Next one was the new Wonder Woman movie after some visiting some museums. I have not seen such a good DC movie for so long, thank you!! The fact that we now have an absolutely wonderful and powerful superhero movie is something I have been waiting for. Not just as a supporting character or the love interest. I would definitely watch it again. With the intern friend, again, we also went to see the new Mummy movie. It is amazing how much you can enjoy movies with someone who understands them like you do! The Mummy could have been better, I did like some acting work but honestly I thought Tom Cruise was really bad in it. Would I watch it again? Possibly for the other actors, it could have been worse. Thank you Sofia Boutella for saving the film!


Last weekend in London. My parents arrived on Friday and I met them for a light dinner. Due to last day at work, we did not have that much time to do anything. On Saturday though I had three tickets to Hampton Court Palace. The grounds were really stunning and gladly the weather happened to be nice! I managed to burn myself slightly but it was worth it. My mother also enjoyed it greatly, and we even took the ferry back to Kingston, where we took the bus to get back to Central London. The day all in all was really amazing! We spent the Sunday first in Madame Tussauds, the current intern at the workplace joined us and we went on our own pace to see all the wax figures. Since I had been there before it was nice to see that they had changed it slightly. Madame Tussauds is a really nice tourist attraction and worth visiting. After a pub lunch we headed to Harrods. On Sundays everything closed pretty early, so after we went for a long walk around the city. I like it when you can just walk around with no hurry, I have enjoyed my last days in London thoroughly.

Hampton Court Palace entrance


View from one of the gardens, this one must have been my personal favourite


The hidden passage had some lovely sunlight coming through

All in all everything has been wonderful, I am so glad I came here! I have had a great opportunity here to learn not only school related subjects, but things about myself and what life can offer, Now that I have a better view of where I want to be and what I want to be, I am most definitely coming back here in the future.

Thank you London, it has been a real pleasure being here. I will miss you, see you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ooooooo we're half way there...

A couple more days to go

There is no place like London~