Ooooooo we're half way there...

Time has really flown by, I could almost call this the half way point. Things have been more or less uneventful apart from another friend of mine being here, so I will make the post mostly about that.

A week and a half ago my friend arrived here and as I had to work, she went to explore London on her own at first. After we met with one of my teachers and another intern from my school, just to catch up with how things have been here. A couple days later the teacher came to my workplace and we went through the necessary paperwork. It did help me a great deal, now I know what I need to fill in!

My friend did not mind the slightest that she had so much time on her own. Friday came fairly quick and that evening we walked up and down Oxford Street, seeing if we could find any clothing or shoes. Nothing actually came up so we made a plan to visit the enormous Victoria's Secret shop. Even if we did not buy anything, the store was made to look very posh and was worth seeing regardless. After the visit we walked through the street with all the expensive stores to get to our second must-visit destination~


Huntsman, or the tailor shop from Kinsman
We visited the front of the Huntsman tailor shop in Savile Row. It was used as one of the filming locations for the movie Kingsman: the Secret Service. It was really special for both me and my friend. We both love acting, and we love the movie, so the feeling we had when standing where a part of the movie had taken place in was something undescribeable. Also the shop itself was really beautiful, the suits on the window looking amazing. The warmth it also radiated with the colours and the decorations inside (even with the shop closed and sky starting to darken), was something I absolutely loved. And I really appreciated that I had the chance to visit the spot with such a good friend who understands the meaning of it all.

The street view, also used in the movie

This side of the plate said Kingsman and the other said Huntsman. Also the little Kingsman logo on the window was a very appropriate touch in my opinion. 

Last Saturday was also great! At first we were supposed to meet with the other intern and her friend for a trip to Madame Tussauds. Unfortunately due to us not getting tickets in time (the other two had their tickets in advance and the lines being miles and miles long), we decided it would be better if we went on our separate ways. Me and my friend ended up in Westminster. Getting the tickets there was a lot more easier, lines not as long and we bought a package that included three attractions. London Eye, Sea Life and on Sunday Madame Tussauds. All of them together ended up costing much less than them all separately so anyone interested in visiting these, I highly recommend purchasing the packaged deal.

First attraction we went to was Sea Life. I personally have not been to the one in Helsinki so I will not compare the two, but the place seemed rather nice, considering it is in the middle of a truly big city. Although both me and my friend were rather surprised that the place was still very small. Hope we did not miss anything.


The best picture with fish in it

What a life, just sleeping all day!
After Sea Life we went to see the London Eye. It was certainly an eyeful~ A sunny day would have been preferred when seeing this attraction, but at least it wasn't raining! I do have to admit that even though I have been in London twice before, I have never visited the London Eye. But now it has been fixed~
This view was certainly not bad at all! You can see the city just going on and on to the horizon.

A very aesthetic seagull

Madame Tussauds on Sunday was certainly so much fun for the both of us. My friend had the opportunity to use her camera and I had some taste in modeling. We laughed and took our time, some of the other visitors and also the staff seeming very surprised that we went so fully into it all. One (or two...) of the Star Wars exhibitions photo taker was actually very taken aback and, according to my friend, thought I did modeling for a living. My darling friend with a mouth went and told him so also after hearing what he said, and after giving my beautiful performance with Darth Vader he actually asked where I work and what all do I do. It was really confusing that someone would think of me as capable for doing such a thing, but I loved every second of it!

Madame Tussauds pictures credit: IG @klaanienkonna

"The cargo, Mr. Solo...."

"I will never cross to the dark side!"
Maybe one day I will be a jedi
With the beautiful Cara Delevingne. Also I needed a normal looking picture after my great jedi experience~
And that sums up my last two weeks, not particularly busy but everything has been really good. Thank you to my friend who made me feel amazing!

Big Ben a couple of days ago with the other intern and her friend. I could not get a good picture with my own phone, so all credit goes to the intern friend. Thank you~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mostly halfway there once again!

A couple more days to go

There is no place like London~